Fitness is not a small term; rather it’s a vast term that covers various aspects. If you are slim, you think you are fit? But that is not true.
Fitness doesn’t mean having a size zero body figure instead fitness means having a healthy mind, body and spirit.
Fitness is having the ability to carry out your work and performing your tasks in the most appropriate manner without fatigue and tiredness.
Categories of Fitness
The five broad categories of being fit are:
Flexibility is another name for movements of a joint. It is vital because the more flexible a person is the less likely he will be towards getting injuries or other problems.
In order to improve flexibility a person must engage himself in activities which lengthen his muscles, for instance, swimming and stretching
A Healthy and Productive Mind and Body Is an Indication of a Person’s Fitness
Cardiorespiratory is mainly how good your body is at supplying fuel to your body parts. While you are performing a physical task with the help of respiratory and circulatory systems. Activities that help in improving your cardiorespiratory endurances are jogging, cycling, swimming, and brisk walking.
The ability of muscles to put force while a person carries out his activity is known as muscular strength. In order to strengthen and build up your muscles, a person needs to work his muscles against the resistance, such as by lifting weights.
The number of muscles, fat, and bones makes up the body composition also known as muscle fat bone ratio. If you find out that your weight is stuck at some point. This doesn’t necessarily indicate that your fat is the same there can be changes in other compositions too. A person with a high muscle ratio might be heavier, than that person who has same height and waist inches.
Muscular endurance refers to the ability of the muscle to continue exerting force, while a person carries out the task without tiring out. Dancing and jogging activities can improve your endurance.
If a person wishes to know whether he is fit or not then following things can be looked for:
- The person is not fit if he gets tired quickly and is less productive.
- He is not fit If a person doesn’t have the stamina, a positive approach towards handling mental challenges and ups and downs of life.
- Diseases like cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis indicate that a person is physically unfit.
Tips To Stay Fit
A person can stay fit by just following simple tips:
- Stay happy and have fun. Indulge in an activity that makes you feel good and happy.
- Give your heart a good pump, an exercise in order to make the heart pump, aerobics helps you breathe harder and helps supply blood to your lungs and heart, making them fit and healthy.
- Changing your eating habits, include fruits, vegetables, and healthy food in your diet and avoid taking junk such as soft drinks, chips, and other bakery items.